In 1949 a Mr. E.J. Bunn organised a group of fellow East Barnet Royal British Legion members into a concert party to put on shows and pantomimes to raise money for needy ex-servicemen and their families.
The group called themselves "Bunny's Warren" and "Bunny" produced the first pantomime "Dick Whittington" in St. James' Hall, New Barnet in January 1950 from which a very worthwhile sum of £43 was raised for the British Legion's Not Forgotten Fund.
In 1981 we decided to branch out on our own, thus enabling the proceeds of
the charity to be donated not only to the Not Forgotten Fund, but also to other local charities.
Up until 1991 we performed our annual pantomime at the Church House Hall
However, 1992 saw The Warren move to a 'real theatre', when we performed "Frankenstein the Pantomime" at the Intimate Theatre in Palmers Green.
In 2006 we moved to The Bull Theatre in Barnet which is a lovely, intimate theatre where the audiences feel really close to the action. Unfortunately the theatre only holds 150 people for each performance and due to the success of our pantomimes we took the decision to move to the Wyllyotts theatre in Potters Bar in 2018, so we could perform to bigger audiences and therefore raise more money for our chosen charities. And it looks like the Wyllyotts will be our new permanent home as from 2020 we'll be performing our May musical show there as well. The Wyllyotts is a wonderful local theatre with great facilities including a bar, cafe and disabled access – hopefully we won't be moving again for a while!